By enhancing positive responses from within systems and networking them with knowledge resources, DRC attempts at fostering fresh knowledge leadership equipped with indigenous and contemporary sensibilities and nestled along traditional and globalised value systems for a pro-desert attitude.
Thus living, celebrating and connecting with deserts globally while learning and sharing the experiences using multi-format content creation, its distribution, capacity building and open source platforming for its recycling.
DRC works to strike partnerships with any organization, collective or individual that, also, is working towards similar ideals and objectives. This could include NGOs, International Agencies, corporate, government agencies, universities, think-tanks, artists, intellects/ academicians, local/national/international media.
Further, a great belief in optimal utilization of resources i.e. pooling of resources, creating a reservoir of resources for similar organizations to work together and more efficiently towards the collective ends, is held strongly. Enhance local models of knowledge systems to their optimum potential by connecting them to fresh perspectives from the evolving socio-political and technological space. Identification and onboarding research individuals linking them with various programme nodes
- Enhance local models of knowledge systems to their optimum potential by connecting them to fresh perspectives from the evolving socio-political and technological space.
- Identification and onboarding research individuals linking them with various programme nodes
- Connecting sectoral programmes across the country and for resource exchange
- Establishing cross-sectoral linkages for creating symbiotic sustainable enterprises
- Convergence with CSR Foundations and other CSOs
At DRC, we have conviction of understanding, living, re-searching, documenting and linking with traditions and culture of various desert civilizations across the continents. We aim at creating an interactive repository of traditional, cultural and adaptive knowledge systems on various issues related to land, life and living in deserts. These range from issues of governance to desert leadership, from gender to education, from youth to employment and from water to environment.
- Public policy advocacy, demonstrations, pilots & experimentation
- Desert Based Knowledge Platform- Our Deserts
- Documentation, branding support, IEC material, story and narrative development
- Strategic advocacy, proposal development for convergence and resource mobilisation
- Consumer awareness, partnerships with discoms and regulators
DRC is committed to introducing renewable technologies that can help desert communities leverage their local and indigenous socio-economic models of development for community self-sufficiency as well as to tap into urban markets. We don’t wield technology as a makeover tool to simply ‘modernise’ rural environments, but to equip desert communities with technological know-how that can catalyse their output and help them reap greater rewards using their artisanal skills, agricultural wisdom and livestock assets.
- Renewable technologies for crafts, agritech & dairy
- Elean energy electrification, mechanisation and IT induced operations of value chains for intervention like milk value addition, solar drying, biogas, composting, Biofertilization, etc
- Development of ERP, e-market place for reduced costs and operational excellence
- Development of app for pastoralists, renewable power technologies for common facility centres (business hub)
- GIS mapping and marking required area
Resources, in terms of funds and expertise, can dynamise significant strides in the overall progress of desert inhabitants. Our resource allocation goals are strictly driven by an unwavering commitment to innovation that adheres to the organic framework of sustainability. This innovation could perhaps synergize energies of multitudes of efforts put in by various interventions in the desert land, and could also possibly develop a more coherent civil intervention grid and behavior.
- Innovation & sustainability fund for institutions & startups
- Managing seed bank setup fund, entrepreneurship promotion by providing bursaries to young farmers
- Team resource support to enterprises, resource mobilisation
- Innovative models of Common Facility Centres developed with support of UN-FAO